Picked For You Strawberries
Strawberry Season salesroom closed July 1. Please see hours for salesroom at main location.
Our picked for you season will begin in mid-June. Once we are open, the main orchard salesroom will be open daily. The season is typically 3 - 4 weeks and strawberry availability is always weather-dependent.
Besides fresh picked strawberries we also sell a variety of strawberry bakery products - fresh and frozen.
Picked for you strawberries are sold by the pound in a variety of sizes ranging from 1 lb to 5 lb containers. Interested in a larger quantity? At this time we can not reserve strawberries for quantities of 20 lb or more. 651.429.7202.
Pick Your Own
Picked For You
Sensory Friendly Information
Always call before coming:
Strawberry math, tips for berry measurements
It is difficult to give specific measurements for berries because the sizes determine how many fit into a pint or a cup. A cup of large berries will contain fewer berries than a cup of smaller berries. You should always measure frozen berries frozen, as thawed ones become soft and pack down. Below is a conversion table with some typical measurements.
|1 lb Fresh||
16 oz bag Frozen
|Whole||3 3/4 cups||3 cups|
|Sliced||3 cups||2 cups|
|Pureed||2 cups||1 1/2 cups|
|Mashed||1 3/4 cups|
How to Handle Strawberries
- Strawberries can become faint from overcrowding, so when you get home, spread the berries on a tray giving them enough air.
- Discard any spoiled strawberries.
- Always store in the refrigerator.
To maintain freshness, keep the stems and tops on the strawberries.
- Do not rinse strawberries until you are ready to use them.
- Rinse strawberries in cold water very briefly. Drain in a roomy colander and spread them on paper towels to air-dry out of the sun.
Check out our tips on how to
your freshly picked strawberries.